Volunteering can be great fun and you can make a real difference not only to others, but also to yourself.
There are lots of different ways you can get involved in volunteering right here in North Devon and the Volunteer Centre is here to help.
You can use our volunteer recruitment website, Volunteer Connect. This allows you to:
- Sign up and create your profile – a quick and easy process
- Edit your profile and preferences
- Search for suitable volunteer roles in North Devon
- Login and see invitations from organisations to apply for positions.
We also produce a quarterly bulletin with details of our latest opportunities. Click here to download a copy of the bulletin.
If you are thinking about becoming a trustee, or already are one please click here for more information and guidance.
Opportunity of the Month
with Children’s Hospice South West
Our wonderful volunteers really are our stars and we couldn’t do what we do without them. From gardeners to cooks, office helpers to event marshals, shop helpers to bed makers, they support us in many ways and help to make the world of difference to the children and families we care for. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Why not volunteer some of your time and share your skills to help us make the most of short and precious lives? Every hour you can give will make a precious contribution towards our work.
All our volunteers have their own motivations for being part of the Children's Hospice South West team but here are just a few reasons why you should sign up today!
· A chance to work in a friendly team and make new friends
· The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to our work
· The time to help you develop your confidence and communication skills
· The ability to gain work experience, develop your CV and to learn new skills
· The opportunity to gain valuable retail experience
Previous experience would be an advantage but isn't essential as we will provide you with any necessary training and the chance to get involved in a number of different activities.
Take a look at our website for some of the volunteer roles currently available (www.chsw.org.uk/volunteer)