We hold a number of different forums in North Devon, which spread good practice and create strong networks. These are key in helping us make sure that:
- Voluntary and community organisations have appropriate information about policy and strategy that affects them
- Voluntary and community organisations are enabled to work effectively together
- The voluntary, public and private sectors are well-networked and supported to engage with one another and work effectively together
- The contribution of the voluntary sector to North Devon is recognised by the general public, media and local politicians, and is taken into account in planning and decision making
Which forums in North Devon can I attend?
1. Northern Devon Voluntary Sector Health and Wellbeing Forum . Held three or four times a year to involve health authority speakers and network to meet the challenges facing our ever changing sector. Open to anyone involved in a voluntary, community or social enterprise type organisation that supports people with any aspect of health and wellbeing. For more information contact Lyn Winter on 01271 866300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The last forum was held in June 2017.
2. Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum. The Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum is held quarterly for anyone who manages volunteers. Contact email@example.com for more information.
The next Forum will take place on 7th February 2018 10am - 1pm, The Voice Radio Station, Belle Meadow Court, Albert Lane, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX32 8RJ.
The theme will be General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The session will be delivered by Get up to Speed and will inform you of changes to Data Protection that take effect in May 2018.
To book yourself on to the forum please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Fundraisers Forum. This is a new forum being developed at the request of fundraisers. It is open to anyone who is responsible for fundraising. Please contact Lyn Winter on 01271 866300 or email email@example.com if you are interested.
4. Hallshare Forum. Open to anyone in the area involved in running a community hall. Please contact Tanya Hussell at Filleigh Village Hall for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
The next Hallshare Forum is on the evening of Tuesday 4th July at West Anstey Vilage Hall.
5. Northern Devon Disability Access Forum. For representatives of any organisation that supports people with disabilities. Contact email@example.com for more information.
The last meeting was held on Wednesday 14th June 2017