We hold a number of different forums in North Devon, which spread good practice and create strong networks. These are key in helping us make sure that:
- Voluntary and community organisations have appropriate information about policy and strategy that affects them
- Voluntary and community organisations are enabled to work effectively together
- The voluntary, public and private sectors are well-networked and supported to engage with one another and work effectively together
- The contribution of the voluntary sector to North Devon is recognised by the general public, media and local politicians, and is taken into account in planning and decision making
Which forums in North Devon can I attend?
1. Northern Devon Voluntary Sector Health and Wellbeing Forum . Held three or four times a year to involve health authority speakers and network to meet the challenges facing our ever changing sector. Open to anyone involved in a voluntary, community or social enterprise type organisation that supports people with any aspect of health and wellbeing. For more information contact Lyn Winter on 01271 866300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum. The Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum is held quarterly for anyone who manages volunteers. Contact email@example.com for more information.
The next Forum will take place on 22nd May 2018, time and venue to be confirmed
3. Fundraisers Forum. This is a new forum being developed at the request of fundraisers. It is open to anyone who is responsible for fundraising. Please contact Lyn Winter on 01271 866300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
4. Hallshare Forum. Open to anyone in the area involved in running a community hall. Please contact Tanya Hussell at Filleigh Village Hall for more information. email@example.com
The next Hallshare Forum is on the evening of Tuesday 4th July at West Anstey Vilage Hall.
5. Northern Devon Disability Access Forum. This forum has been disbanded, but you can attend the Health and Wellbeing Forum. See above for details.