We hold a number of different forums in North Devon, which spread good practice and create strong networks. These are key in helping us make sure that:
- Voluntary and community organisations have appropriate information about policy and strategy that affects them
- Voluntary and community organisations are enabled to work effectively together
- The voluntary, public and private sectors are well-networked and supported to engage with one another and work effectively together
- The contribution of the voluntary sector to North Devon is recognised by the general public, media and local politicians, and is taken into account in planning and decision making
Which forums in North Devon can I attend?
1. Northern Devon Voluntary Sector Health and Wellbeing Forum . Held three or four times a year to involve health authority speakers and network to meet the challenges facing our ever changing sector. Open to anyone involved in a voluntary, community or social enterprise type organisation that supports people with any aspect of health and wellbeing. For more information contact Jo Griffiths on 01271 866300 or email email@example.com.
2. Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum. The Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum is held quarterly for anyone who manages volunteers.
The next Forum will take place on 27 November 2018, 10am - 1pm, The Voice Radio Station, Belle Meadow Court, Albert Lane, Barnstaple, North Devon EX32 8RJ
Theme - Volunteer Connect Devon and Role Descriptions
This is an interactive workshop and will require you to bring with you a laptop or tablet device. If you haven't yet registered on the site you will need to have done this prior to the workshop, ensuring you have your user Id and password, as we will not have access to these.
Volunteer Connect Devon - http://www.devonva.org/involving_volunteers
We will look at;
- how to add new roles and manage current ones
- how to make them more effective for potential volunteers to find
- how to contact a volunteer who has registered interest
- how to use the Volunteer Bank
- best practice using the system
We will also look specifically at role descriptions (please bring along with you current and/or new volunteer opportunities)
The forum is free, but places are limited. Booking is essential so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
3. Hallshare Forum. Open to anyone in the area involved in running a community hall. Please contact Tanya Hussell at Filleigh Village Hall for more information. email@example.com
4. Northern Devon Disability Access Forum. This forum has been disbanded, but you can attend the Health and Wellbeing Forum. See above for details.