We hold a number of different forums in North Devon, which spread good practice and create strong networks. These are key in helping us make sure that:
- Voluntary and community organisations have appropriate information about policy and strategy that affects them
- Voluntary and community organisations are enabled to work effectively together
- The voluntary, public and private sectors are well-networked and supported to engage with one another and work effectively together
- The contribution of the voluntary sector to North Devon is recognised by the general public, media and local politicians, and is taken into account in planning and decision making
Which forums in North Devon can I attend?
1. Northern Devon Voluntary Sector Health and Wellbeing Forum. These are held three or four times a year and involve health authority speakers and networking opportunities in order to meet the challenges facing our ever-changing sector. Open to anyone involved in a voluntary, community or social enterprise organisation that supports people with any aspect of health and wellbeing. For more information contact Louise Flagg on 01271 866300 or email email@example.com.
2. North Devon Managing and Supporting Volunteers Forum. This forum is primarily for organisations and groups that need help managing and supporting volunteers, getting advice and finding useful information. It happens quarterly, the next session will be on Wednesday 20th September 2023
Forums are completely free, but places are limited. Booking is essential so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
3. Hallshare Forum. Open to anyone in the area involved in running a community hall. Please contact Tanya Hussell at Filleigh Village Hall for more information. email@example.com
4. Northern Devon Disability Access Forum. This forum has been disbanded, but previous participants may be interested in attending the Health and Wellbeing Forum. See above for details.